SeaSucker Buyer's Guide
The buyer's guide for all things SeaSucker. Here you will find additional information on specific accessories for carriers, how to maintain your SeaSucker products, and videos for product assembly.
Suggested Mounting Locations
- DO NOT mount bicycles backwards, sideways or at an angle.
- DO NOT let your bike's rear wheel hang lower than the bottom of your car's bumper when mounting your rack to the rear window of a hatchback, van, or SUV.
- DO NOT position your bike so that the rear wheel is directly behind your car's exhaust pipe when mounting your rack to the rear window of a hatchback, van, or SUV.
- DO NOT attach your rack over decals or on a wrapped vehicle.
Each vacuum mount on your rack should attach to a clean, unobstructed metal, glass, fiberglass, or carbon fiber surface. The vacuum mounts will not attach over a seam or other surface incongruity.
Do not attach your rack to a part of your car that flexes easily. Position the rack near the front or back windshield where the roof has more internal support. The metal in the middle of some car roofs may not be sturdy enough to support the weight of your bicycle and rack.
- Get a ruler or tape measure showing millimeters.
- Measure the diameter of the hole at the end of your forks - it will be either 9mm, 12mm, 15mm or 20mm.
- Measure the distance between the holes on your fork - it will be either 100mm or 110mm.
- Purchase the Huske plugs that match your measurements. Please refer to our available Accessories.
SeaSucker products can be used in any weather conditions, including cold frigid temperatures. The vacuum pads will stiffen in colder temperatures. Because the vacuum pads need to conform to the mounting surface when you attach them, it is highly recommended that you store your rack at room temperature prior to use. You will not be able to properly attach the vacuum mounts if they are too cold.
- If you choose to remove the carrier while away from your vehicle it is best to put the covers back on the vacuum cups. This will help maintain its proper shape.
- On cold days we recommend letting your vehicle and the carrier vacuum pads warm up to near room temperature before reinstalling.
- If you choose not to remove the carrier it will maintain its hold. Remember to check the pumps and vacuum pads before travelling.
- SeaSucker racks and carriers can be easily removed from a vehicle. For security we have Window Anchor and Trunk Anchor Cable Locks available.
Mounting surfaces must be free of ice, snow, dirt and any else that might prevent the vacuum pad from making a full seal. In freezing temperatures, we recommend not moistening the edge of your vacuum pads with water.
Rain and wet weather should not affect the performance of your SeaSucker rack. If rain or water gets inside any of your vacuum umps, pull the plunger out and dry the inside of the pump cylinder with a clean paper towel. Re-lube the plunger seal if necessary and reinsert the plunger in the pump cylinder. Screws or other metal parts that show signs pf rusting or corrosion should be replaced.